Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 10, 2015.......On The Road Again!

Here we are, heading out on our 6th trip (along with Trixie)  and Myron and Karen's 2nd trip Roaming the USA!  Our first stop is Bay Landing Thousand Trails Resort near Bridgeport, TX. (NW of Fort Worth).   Yep, here I am taking a picture of Karen taking a picture of the lake!






We visited nearby Decatur.  Liked the courthouse.  Below is a picture of  their courthouse built in 1895, mainstreet, and an historic log cabin that sits on a college campus.  Decatur was part of the Chisholm Trail.  Did I mention I liked the courthouse....hehe







 
We drove to Dallas to visit the George W. Bush Presidential Center.  A few of the pictures are posted below and are self explanatory.  The highlight was seeing an exact replica of the Oval Office, decorated and furnished as it was when President Bush was in it.  We all expected it to be much larger than it actually is.  It is good size, but nothing like we thought.  All in all, the library is very impressive and definitely worth the tour.

 





































 
 
 
We ate at a restaurant in Bridgeport, TX that was decorated in the 50's theme. 
 






 

 





I think Karen was trying to tell me not to take her picture again.   Oh Well..............hehe.  I'm so glad I'm taking the pictures!





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment