Saturday, July 19, 2014

 

Marion and I went to Charlotte NC to spend the day with my cousin Mark and his wife Vicky. Here we were uptown Charlotte heading for a Irish pub for lunch. This is Mark leading the way.
 The kids at the Pub. Mark is the closest cousin I have had. We grew up together in Michigan. His father was my first cousin and Mark is my second cousin. He and I are the same age. Mark is a doctor and was in Grenada when the U.S. invaded the island. He was on another island at the time and not on the main invasion island. He did tell me though that he and his fellow students coerced the U.S. Army into buying them drinks for intel on the island they came from.
 Vicky is a real card. What a sweetheart. She tells me that she had to make two rounds of family reunions as Marks date before he asked her to marry him. Now there is a lady with some stick to it attitude. She is really a funny lady and a lot of fun to be with.
 What an advertisement. This was a little back alley bar we came across as we were making our way back to the car.
 We are on the patio to Vicky and Marks home. Hot tub to the left and three car detached garage. Vicky told the story of the house and how Mark wasn't interested in the rest of the house. All he could say to Vicky was what a great garage with a room over it. The main house also had a two and a half car garage as well.

 I guess you can see one of the reasons Mark wanted the three car garage. He made me drool over his 2006 Harley Heritage soft tail. Here is his mechanic. Funny.
 Mark asked me to go for a ride and immediately told me Oh that's right you don't have a bike. That sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment